Luminaire







How to unite the old technique of glass blowing with cutting edge LED technology ?

The transition in lighting design as well as my adoration for hand blown glass is a starting point for this project. “Luminaire” is a family of lamps, where milky glass creatures live with LED fixtures in a symbiosis.
The physicality of light and organic material becomes the most important part. The lamps provide a warm ambience and the light is soft and relaxing. A glowing sequence of dots, created by LED is transformed pleasantly by glass shell. I am inspired by the authenticity, deriving from natural materials. Therefore I assembled glass and leather. This unique combination complements the warmth, created by the light.
My approach to the project is inspired by craft. I use my hands to manipulate the materials. I play with the electrical parts the same way I do with glass. This “human made” aspect is crucial to the project.

The glass shapes are blown by Charlie Meaker with Justyna's assistance.